Life is all about lessons. We learn as long as we live. It’s the core of how we stay in movement, develop and unfold ourselves. I find myself grateful for every decision I’ve made, it’s consequences and the lessons that I’ve learned from them – both good and bad. It’s what has taken me on the path I am today. Some stick deeper then others of course, but I wanted to share the 10 most important things I’ve learned in life so far and maybe you will recognise some of these lessons yourself.
1. Life is a first-person story. Everyone makes decisions from their point of view and the place that they are in at that point in time. It’s so easy to point fingers and be judgemental, but at the core of this it’s important to remember that we all see life through our own eyes. We don’t really know everyone’s story or the reasoning behind other people’s behaviour and choices. Be kind.
2. Appreciation is key. It’s not always easy, but to be grateful for your experiences are important for your wellbeing. There is always something to learn and with time, reflection and the right focus you will come to see that. Appreciate the little things if you find the bigger things hard at first. The more you are grateful for, the more you get to be grateful for. Personally I’ve got a whole notebook dedicated to gratefulness.
3. There will always be people who don’t wish you well. Solution: bye.
4. Mistakes are to be made. We need chaos to know order, like we need sadness to know what it’s truly like to be happy. Mistakes are to be made, but don’t ever let them define you as a person. You MAKE mistakes, you’re not A mistake. An important difference.
5. An accident rarely arrive in ones. When shit hits the fan is usually a shitfest. Breathe.
6. The people who truly love you will always have your back. The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see people’s true colours. (Ref nr.3)
7. Always trust yourself. You’re eyes are easily blinded, but your gut feeling knows. Always.
8. Letting go is the ultimate freedom.
9. If it cost you peace of mind, the price is to high. (Ref nr.8)
10. Change is inescapable. You can choose to make it painful or you can welcome it and the joy it can bring in to your life, either way it is bound to happen.
I’ll round it off with the ultimate life advice:
don’t let anyone talk you out of it.
Thank you for stopping by.